Easy Data Protection Compliance Guide
V1.0 Published September 2020
Also known as Data Protection for Freelancers – name change as not everyone identified as a freelancer and it’s applicable to all that are self-employed and sole traders.
- About The Author
- Do I need to register as a Data Controller?
- Am I a Data Processor?
- Do I need a Record of Processing Activities (ROPA)?
- Do I need a Data Protection Officer (DPO)?
- Do I need a privacy notice?
- Do I need a cookie notice on my website?
- Do I need consent to send people marketing emails?
- What is DP By Design?
- What is a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)?
- What do I need to do with Individual Rights?
- Are the EU-US Transfers issues affecting me?
- What about Brexit and My Business?
- What are my actions for trying to be compliant?
- Coming Soon from RMGirl
- Appendices with Commentary
- Article 6 – List of processing conditions for personal data
- Article 9.1 – List of exemptions for processing special category data
- Processing Conditions vs Individual Rights Table
- Single User Licence Agreement & Acceptable Use
Version 2.0 is coming with an update on EU-US transfers, Brexit, risk management and the use of social media for selling. Anyone who buys a v1.0 copy of this guide from 1st April 2021 will be entitled to a new copy of v2.0 for free upon publication.
Previous buyers prior to the 1st April will receive a 50% discount upon emailing email@example.com and confirming their buy.